Past to Present
The present house is thought to date back to 1350, however, the history of Grendon goes much further back.
First mentioned in 768AD, Grendon has been a working farm up to the present day. The name of the farm dates back to 1068 when Baron de Grendon was granted 100 acres of land for services rendered following the famous Battle of Hastings. This site became the Grendon family home and direct descendants of the Baron lived here until as recently as 1935.
Today, Grendon is still a working farm rearing mostly Aberdeen Angus cattle. Virtually self-sufficient, all the necessary fodder to feed the cattle is cultivated and grown on the farm.